This award is for doctoral students in any discipline with an approved prospectus who require funding to travel to a museum, archive or library to complete dissertation research.
– $500 for domestic travel
– $1,000 for international travel
Note that these awards will count against the federal financial aid reasonable cost of attendance. Thus, if you have maximized your student loans, the award amount will be deducted from the amount of your loan.
Call for proposals will occur once a year, for travel occurring the following year.
Deadline: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Upon return, all recipients will be expected to present on their travel and research as it relates to their dissertation. Brief presentations will be held in the CURVE in the library.
The following materials are needed at the time of application.
1. One Page Summary of Prospectus
2. Letter of Support from applicant' department chair affirming applicant' prospectus has been approved.
3. Budget and budget justification (a paragraph outlining the importance of the travel to the applicant's dissertation)
4. Other sources of support - other travel or research grants applicant has received.
5. Timeline for completion of project - when will travel, defend dissertation.