This award is for doctoral students in any discipline with an approved prospectus who require funding to travel to a museum, archive or library to complete dissertation research.
– $500 for domestic travel
– $1,000 for international travel
For graduate students who are currently employed by Georgia State University (e.g., graduate research assistants), the award will be distributed through Payroll as supplemental pay. For all other graduate students, these awards will count against the federal financial aid's reasonable cost of attendance. Thus, if you have maximized your student loans, the award amount will be deducted from the amount of your loan.
Call for proposals will occur once a year, for travel occurring the following year.
Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2022
Upon your return, we ask that you sit down for a brief interview with a member of the library’s team to hear about your overall project and how your visit to libraries/museums/archives on your trip benefitted your project. The interview may be filmed, for the library’s website, and it may also be used in the library’s blog or annual report. We also ask that you take pictures or videos of your trip to include with your story.
The following materials are needed at the time of application.
1. One Page Summary of Prospectus
2. Budget and budget justification (a paragraph outlining the importance of the travel to the applicant's dissertation)
3. Other sources of support - other travel or research grants applicant has received.
4. Timeline for completion of project - when will travel, defend dissertation.