Explore Graduate Programs
Are you considering applying to a graduate program? Before you start an application, it is important to find out as much as you can about programs that interest you. Start by reviewing the admissions process and deadlines, becoming knowledgeable of required tests and exams, identifying research interests and exploring funding opportunities. As you learn about different programs, questions will arise. You are encouraged to reach out to the faculty and graduate admissions staff from your college, school or institute of interest to learn more about what each program has to offer.
Find Your Graduate Program?
Search over 150 graduate programs offered at Georgia State University
Need Help Deciding on a Graduate Program?
Trying to figure out if a graduate program at Georgia State is right for you? Create a profile on Gradschoolmatch.com to connect with faculty members who can answer your specific questions.
Take a Virtual Tour
Georgia State students can take advantage of the university’s easy access to Atlanta’s rich creative environment, diversity of cultures and lifestyles, and wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities. Use the virtual tour to get a sense of what it's like to attend a university in the heart of a world-class city.
Consider the Costs
Entering a graduate program is an important decision that will affect several years of your life and should not be taken lightly. Understanding the pros and cons as well as how you'll pay for tuition and fees is an important part of the process.
Andrew Young School
of Policy Studies
The school and its graduates, students, faculty and staff strengthen communities in Georgia and across the globe through policy research, scholarship, public engagement and the development of leaders. Through strong course work students are introduced to the role of policy and leadership, developing the skills and knowledge needed to address the tough problems facing communities, government and nonprofit agencies.
Byrdine F. Lewis College
of Nursing & Health Professions
For 40 years, The Lewis School has graduated more than 8,000 health care professionals with a focus on preparing the next generation of clinicians and scholars to enhance individual and community health in a culturally diverse society.
College of Arts & Sciences
The college’s graduate degree programs connect an extraordinarily diverse group of students to top-notch faculty, world-class facilities and all the opportunities of a global city. Our programs blend theoretical and applied learning, scholarly and professional preparation, and scientific and artistic expression.
- African-American Studies
- Applied Linguistics
- Applied Philosophy
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Heritage Preservation
- Latin American Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
College of the Arts
Leaders in every profession treasure creativity when hiring new employees because creative thinkers find innovative solutions to complex problems. The college offers top degree programs in art, music, film, theatre and more, and connects students with Atlanta’s thriving arts scene and booming film and music industries.
College of Education
& Human Development
For more than 45 years, the college has graduated educators and professionals equipped with the tools, knowledge and inspiration to ensure others have an even brighter future. At the College of Education & Human Development, we are moving lives forward.
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Counseling Psychology
- Counselor Education and Practice
- Creative and Innovative Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Education of Students with Exceptionalities
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Policy Studies
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Research
- Elementary Education
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- English Education
- Exercise Science
- Health and Physical Education
- Instructional Technology
- Instructional Design and Technology
- International Education
- Literacy Coach
- Literacy Education
- Mathematics Education
- Mental Health Counseling
- Middle Level Education
- Music Education
- Online Learning Design and Development
- Program Evaluation
- Qualitative Research in Education
- Quantitative Research in Education
- Reading, Language, and Literacy Education
- School Counseling
- School Psychology
- Science Education
- Social Foundations of Education
- Social Studies Education
- Special Education
- Sport Administration
- Sports Medicine
- Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Teacher Education
College of Law
The College of Law offers outstanding programs and hands-on learning opportunities in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Surrounded by business, government, nonprofit and cultural organizations, the College of Law provides an ideal environment for gaining practical experience and engaging in interdisciplinary research.
- J.D./M.A. in Law and Philosophy
- J.D./B.A. in Law and Honors
- J.D./M.B.A., J.D./M.C.R.P. in Law and Urban Planning
- J.D./M.S.H.A. in Law and Health Administration
- J.D./M.B.A./M.H.A in Law and Health Administration
- J.D./M.P.A. in Law and Professional Accounting
- J.D./M.P.A. in Law and Public Administration
- J.D./M.P.H. in Law and Public Health
Institute for Biomedical Sciences
The institute is dedicated to advancing fundamental and innovative biomedical research that improves human health as well as educating and training future generations of leading biomedical scientists and health (non-M.D.) professionals related to biomedical sciences.
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
The Robinson College of Business is a community of students, educators and professionals who specialize in discovering insights that drive smarter business decisions. Our programs were built to push students beyond the classroom and offer experiences that bridge the gap between business education and the business world.
- Actuarial Science
- Commercial Real Estate
- Computer Information Systems
- Global Hospitality
- Health Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Information Systems
- Information Systems Audit and Control
- International Business
- Risk Management and Insurance
School of Public Health
Whether in the classroom or in the community, through research or through its programs and centers, the School of Public Health provides a broad practical understanding of complex health issues ranging from violence to tobacco to obesity to environmental threats to HIV/AIDS.
- Explore Programs
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing & Health Professions
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of the Arts
- College of Education & Human Development
- College of Law
- Institute for Biomedical Sciences
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- School of Public Health