The Office of Graduate Admissions ready to assist with any questions or concerns you may have, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Call us at (404) 413-2444, email email@example.com or submit an online help ticket.
Yes – many of our programs already accept unofficial transcripts. In light of current events, many other programs will accept them.
- SOPHAS, OTCAS, PTCAS, and CSDCAS applicants should arrange to submit official documents.
- Applicants with international credentials may be able to submit an online evaluation report from a NACES member evaluation agency as an unofficial transcript. Other alternatives for international credentials such as online degree verification may be possible. Our Credential Evaluators can assist you with specifics.
Any offer of admission will be contingent upon successful submission of any outstanding proof of degree, official transcripts, or official test scores.
Requirements vary by program and can be found in the “Admissions Requirements” section of each program profile. Your program may accept unofficial test scores for review and then require official test scores if admitted. If that option is available, you will have the ability to upload your unofficial scores in the online application.
Institutional codes to be used when submitting official scores can be found on our website and on the Application Instructions page in the application.
For the 2021 admissions cycle (spring 2021, summer 2021, and fall 2021), the following programs are test optional:
- Art History; Master of Arts
- Astronomy; Doctor of Philosophy
- Biological Science; Doctor of Philosophy
- Biology; Master of Science
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Master of Science
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Non-Degree
- Computer Science; Master of Science
- Counselor Education and Practice; Doctor of Philosophy
- Creative Writing; Master of Fine Arts
- Curriculum and Instruction; Doctor of Education
- Educational Leadership: Doctor of Education
- Educational Leadership; Specialist in Education
- Educational Policy Studies; Doctor of Philosophy
- Educational Research; Master of Science
- Educational Research (online program); Master of Science
- English; Doctor of Philosophy
- Heritage Preservation; Master of Heritage Preservation
- History; Doctor of Philosophy
- History; Master of Arts
- Kinesiology; Doctor of Philosophy
- Political Science; Master of Arts
- Psychology; Doctor of Philosophy
- School Counseling; Master of Education
- School Counseling; Doctor of Philosophy
- Social Foundations of Education; Master of Science
- Sociology; Doctor of Philosophy
- Sociology; Master of Arts
- Teaching and Learning; Doctor of Philosophy
Test Optional Spring 2021 ONLY
- Accountancy; Master of Professional Accountancy
- Actuarial Science; Master of Actuarial Science
- Applied Linguistics; Doctor of Philosophy
- Business Administration; Dual M.B.A./M.H.A.
- Business Administration; Joint M.B.A./M.H.A. and J.D.
- Business Administration; M.B.A.
- Computer Information Systems; M.S. in Information Systems
- Dual Analytics; M.S.A.N./Actuarial; M.A.S.
- Dual Analytics; M.S.A.N./Business Administration; M.B.A.
- Dual Analytics; M.S.A.N./Marketing; M.S.
- Dual Analytics; M.S.A.N./Quantitative Risk Analysis; M.S.
- Health Administration; Joint M.S.H.A./J.D.
- Health Administration; M.H.A.
- Health Administration; M.S.H.A.
- Music; Master of Music (Music Education only)
- Political Science; Doctor of Philosophy
- Quantitative Risk Analysis and Management; M.S.
- Sports Administration; M.S.
- Undeclared; Robinson College of Business Non-Degree
Test Optional Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 ONLY
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education; Doctor of Philosophy
Test Optional Fall 2021 ONLY
- Communication Sciences and Disorders; Master of Science
Non-native speakers of English are required to demonstrate English proficiency. This requirement can be met in the following ways:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL – including the special home edition)
- International Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Documentation that the baccalaureate or a prior graduate degree was obtained in an English-speaking country
- Completion of a University System of Georgia approved ESL program (case-by-case basis)
Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants also have the option to submit Duolingo English Test scores for English proficiency.
If you are unable to take one of the tests due to closures or social distancing practices, alternatives such as an interview may be available to you. Please notify us of any hardship by submitting a ticket.
The International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) office continues to monitor federal guidance and updates as it relates to immigration and visa processing.
If you plan to seek a new visa or transfer your SEVIS record to enroll at Georgia State University, please make sure you accept any offer of admission by completing the Reply to Offer of Admission form on the Status Page of your online application. Please note that Georgia State continues to issue immigration documents.
Colleges and faculty are dedicated to carefully reviewing the entire applicant pool, therefore review times vary by program. You will receive an email notification once a decision is made. Your decision letter will be available online via the Status Page of your application.
If you have any additional questions regarding the application, please feel free to contact the Office of Graduate Admissions. We'll be happy to assist you with this process.
Letters of recommendation not submitted in the online application may instead be submitted directly from the recommender to the Office of Graduate Admissions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your recommender to include your name, the program you are applying to, and, if handy, your application reference number. Once the recommendation is received, your application checklist will be updated.
The Graduate School coordinates graduate admissions. Students seeking a graduate degree will apply through the school and receive additional support from The Graduate School and college, school or institute academic offices.