Start the path to your future now by registering for one of our workshops.
Our professional development workshops are designed to help you master the core competencies employers expect recent graduates to demonstrate when entering the workforce. Whether on an academic or industry track, graduate students and postdoctoral trainees will benefit from our professional development offerings.
Workshops are offered in the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Employers expect recent graduates to demonstrate mastery of various skills when entering the workforce, and these core competencies are all aimed at helping you competitively navigate your career. To complement your graduate studies here at Georgia State, the Graduate School offers information and resources, which are updated frequently, on these core competencies.
- Adhere to professional, moral and ethical principles.
- Protect and respect research participants and collaborators.
- Give recognition and credit where it is due.
- Be knowledgeable about your institution’s professional code of ethics.
On-campus Resource: Research Integrity
- Actively listen, question and advise.
- Make decisions in a timely manner.
- Motivate others to act by sharing your passion.
- Purposefully build, maintain, and evaluate teams and research groups.
On-campus Resource: Leadership Development
- Create and maintain a schedule that balances both your professional and scholarly pursuits.
- Maximize your time by creating a strategic to-do list.
- Set deadlines for yourself and track your progress.
- Commit to writing for least 30 minutes each day.
We are here to help. Contact The Graduate School Admissions office for information on the enrollment process. Program-specific inquiries should be directed to your college, school or institute of interest.